Updated: Aug 23, 2021
This section is all about getting out of your comfort zone and trying something new. It is amazing how much one ingredient can enhance a meal. You can take this ingredient and think of other creative ways to use it. The point is to have some (FUN) in the kitchen and explore.
In the September box, I have chosen Hickory Smoked Salt. This is an easy ingredient to add something new to a weeknight meal. Grilling outside can be tough during the Winter season but you can use smoked salt to get that smoky charcoal flavor without shivering outside flipping burgers.
Here are some great ideas to use your Hickory Smoked Salt:
· Roasted Vegetables (asparagus, cherry tomatoes, red potatoes)
· Rim of an adult beverage (especially any cocktail with bourbon or mezcal)
· Roasted Chicken
· Roasted Salmon
· Beef (burgers and steaks)
· Add to dips (smoky onion dip)
· Toasted Bread (garlic bread, baguette with butter)
· Create Your Own Rub (smoked salt, pepper, brown sugar, mustard powder, etc.)